Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Note to Self

As wholesome as Little House on the Prairie may be, your daughters will be TRAUMATIZED by it. Miss A. was seriously crying last week when Carrie fell in a hole and they were trying to dig her out. (I must say that I was teary-eyed right along with her.) Today, the dog died. It's all just a bit too much. I don't remember it being that sad. Trauma and all, it is rather fun to hear them playing Little House and calling each other Mary, Laura, and Carrie though. I may think differently when they start calling us Ma and Pa. Aaah, a throw back to my childhood. Shall we all go roll down the hill together?

5 comments:

Meghan said...

I LOVE LOVE Little House on the Prairie!! I can't wait until Iris is old enough for chapter books and we can read them together - maybe we'll save the TV series for a little later.....

Matthew said...

Now when I visit the girls maybe we can play something other than star wars. YEAH!!!! Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Get in Shape Girl and now Little House on the Prairie. Could life possibly be anymore nostalgic.

Hope said...

Meghan
I LOVE Little House too. Grandma let them watch an episode when she was watching them and they were hooked! Now that is all they want to watch at quiet time. I ordered homeschool curriculum to do with the girls in the fall and it is a bunch of chapter books to read together (and Adah is already reading too). I am soooooo excited to do chapter books! I have a bunch of my favorites that I can't wait to read together!

Hope said...

Chandra (A.K.A. Matthew),
Nostalgia at its finest. The marketing geniuses really know how to get at us sucker moms don't they? Don't forget Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, Hollie Hobbie, Oh and I saw The Original Snoopy Snowcone Machine today in Walmart! I think I'm getting a little giddy!

Meghan said...

Adah is reading!!! Your girls are sooo smart!