Yeah, not really a Spice Girls fan, but that song is just too catchy. Just in case you didn't know, I am the gotta have a list kind of girl and LOVE the euphoria of checking things off as they are accomplished. Since my mind is a little overwhelmed and in list mode today, here's my top ten list of what I really really want today.
1. PATIENCE. Three crabby children. One crabby mommy. Enough said.
2. A COMPUTER POWER CORD. The charger for the laptop went kaput which means I can't blog unless I take all the girls to the basement to play while I work on the husband's editor. Not the greatest setup. That explains the lack of blog posts, reading other blogs that I am addicted to, and getting anything done that requires a computer. Oh, and it totally explains number one.
3. A DIGITAL CAMERA. I know, we are soooo behind in the technology age. Well, we have two professional grade digital video cameras, but no camera. My BlackBerry has decided that it will no longer allow me to send pictures via email and the husband has no time to show me how to do it otherwise, so I have no way of posting pictures on the blog. Which leads me to number 4.
4. A PROFESSIONAL LANDSCAPER/GARDENER. I really wanted to post a picture of the garden because you would be soooooo impressed. It looks EXACTLY like the before picture, yet I have spent countless hours out there working. Well, there are two new vegetable garden beds, but read on. Oh yes, read on.
5. A BB GUN or any other weapon which will get rid of birds. Those of you who know me well know that birds and I are complete enemies. Well, they just launched themselves to a whole new level of enemy. THEY ATE THE SEEDS IN OUR GARDEN! I don't know how the seeds are supposed to grow and provide produce if THEY ARE NO LONGER IN THE GARDEN! I told the girls they would know which birds ate the pumpkin seeds because they would be flying around with a big pumpkin in their stomach and then they would not be able to escape us because we would know who they were! WE ARE WATCHING YOU BIRDS! YOU CANNOT ESCAPE US!
6. LYSOL, IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOSTER, ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL KEEP US HEALTHY! Yep, round 5,672 this season. I can't take much more of this respiratory crap. How can you plug in at church and get to know people if you are constantly stuck at home with sick children? This is for the birds (and I mean it!)
7. OLIVE GARDEN! There isn't one here. I've been wanting it since December. My birthday is coming up. There better be a long drive involved.
8. SLEEP. Seriously an almost 2-year-old should NOT be waking me up at night. I don't remember the last time I had 8 hours of sleep uninterrupted, but what a cute face to see at midnight, 3, 4, 5, and 6. All she really wants is her pacifier back and clean. I would say find your thumb, but I have an almost 4-year-old who needs to UNFIND her thumb and that is not fun.
9. A PERSONAL ASSISTANT. I would give you a list of why, but you don't have time.
10. MOMMY JUICE, A.K.A. COKE FROM SONIC. Just because it might make me less crabby. No, I'm not an emotional eater. Never. Not me. Not a chance. Oh, and I'm definitely not in denial either. Alright, girls, get in the van, NOW!
Get the School Year Survival Guide
23 hours ago