Thursday, May 1, 2008

My National Day of Prayer Requests

A few scriptures to pray over today...



For Our Country and the upcoming election...

1. "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1 NKJV)

2. "If my people...pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV)

3. "You will live under a government that is just and fair. Your enemies will stay far away; you will live in peace. Terror will not come near." (Isaiah 54:14 NLT)

4. "I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 5:43 ESV)



For the next generation...

1. "We have not stopped praying for you since the first day we heard about you. In fact, we always pray that God will show you everything he wants you to do and that you may have all the wisdom and understanding that his Spirit gives. Then you will live a life that honors the Lord, and you will always please him by doing good deeds. You will come to know God even better. His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy. I pray that you will be grateful to God for letting you have part in what he has promised his people in the kingdom of light ." (Colossians 1:9-12 CEV)

2. "For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust." (1 Thes. 4:3-5 ESV)

3. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7 NKJV)

4. "I will put My laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." (Hebrews 8:10 ESV)

No comments: