Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Odds and Ends

Totally random post. Told you I was working on the new blog, but had to post this really quick-like.

1. My Little Evangelist- Miss C: "Mommy, last night I was singing songs about Jesus to Strawberry Shortcake. I think she loves Him too now." I guess you gotta start somewhere?

2. I LOVE Google Reader. See all those daily fixes down there? I used to go to every single page several times a day to see if they were updated, because I don't like to miss out on anything. Lots of people kept talking about their blog reader thingies. So, I finally signed up for one. Loving it! It tells me when someone puts up a post. Fantabulous, now I only visit when there is a new post.

3. Virtue Alert. If you have girls and you haven't read Vicki Courtney's blog (Virtue Alert), start! She has such a great ministry for helping us sort out raising girls in this culture. My oldest is only 5, but you cannot start too early people!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, Miss C. the evangelist. Maybe she can share with Thomas the Train and Lightning McQueen when she comes to visit. Oh, see what different worlds we live in?!

Hope said...

Heather-
Lightning McQueen might be a tough sell. We'll see what we can do! The girls are BEYOND excited. Miss A told me that she probably won't really miss me because she will be having so much fun! I almost cried, but I knew what she meant and since I know about the waterpark-in-a-box and she doesn't, I know that she is probably right!

Meghan said...

Todd LOVES, LOVES his Google Reader, and has been trying to get me interested in setting one up for myself....I LIKE seeing all the pretty blog pages in their original form, so I'm not sure if he's going to be able to win me over....

Hope said...

Meghan-
I do agree that I miss the pretty pages, but it seems like I almost always click on them to post a comment anyway. Some of the ones I subscribe to only do some of the post, so I have to go there to read the whole thing too. It's worth it to me to save some time! You might enjoy it? I won't try to sell you, sounds like Todd is already doing that. :)