Thursday, June 5, 2008

Out of the Overflow


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (New International Version)


God has been leading me to this verse over and over and over again over the past 6 years. He does that for a reason. I'm finally understanding why. This will be the new blog title. I'm working on getting it ready. I really do pray that it will be a place where the comfort that overflows in us will be poured out into those who desperately need it. Since the new blog isn't up and running yet, I want to ask a favor here today.

Many of you received God's Comfort while living out Jael's Story with us. Could I ask you today to pour out that comfort on another family who is experiencing almost the exact same story. I have never met Lindsey or her husband Brandon, but we have emailed over the past few days. You can read Caden's Story as it unfolds over at their blog. They have experienced many difficult days and have many more ahead of them. Our God is able to do abundantly more than we can ever even imagine. Let's call upon Him for the Carlsons.

http://thecarlsoncrew.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've been praying for the Carlson family and will continue to do so in the days ahead.