Saturday, June 28, 2008

We're Going On a Trip

In our favorite rocket ship. Zooming through the skies. Little Einsteins. Sorry, anyone with small children can appreciate that little ditty.

So, as part of the new job, we're heading to a worship conference to run lights and video. The girls are officially being spoiled. I got slightly teary-eyed after handing them over today. Okay, so maybe more than teary-eyed. Pretty much enough for Mr. N to say, "I'm so glad we're homeschooling, because I can't imagine what you would be like in the fall." But in reality, school is only like 6 hours. This, is 7 days, and I don't get to tuck them in!

My sister and I talked about this awhile back. We had kids to spend time with them! I know everyone can use a break sometime, but I just don't feel like at this age I really need a week-long break. A few days away at a spa while Daddy watches them, great! A week away while we work and they stay with family, not so great!

They are being very well taken care of and are going to have a blast. (I can't say as much for my sister, but I did load her up with Dr. Pepper and chocolate for the week. It was a small thank you present for her week-long babysitting.) The surprise is still a surprise, until tomorrow, I think, weather permitting.

I do believe the sister will be blogging for me over here at her family blog. It is sure to be very entertaining with the kids aged 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 for the week! Leave her a little note of encouragement if you stop by. Oh, and feel free to send her some more Dr. Pepper and chocolate if she starts getting low!

I'm going to enjoy getting to know some new people on the 10-hour road trip in a church van that I will be taking. Mr. N will be flying, so he'll be there way before me!

I am not sure how much time we will have for blogging or if I will even have WIFI, so this may be a bit of a bloggy break for me. We will be back on July 4, so I'll hopefully be able to update you then if need be.

Tomorrow is the day that the Carlson's will be going to the hospital to deliver baby Caden. Please pray for them as they will be needing many prayers. They have posted some specific prayer requests on their blog here.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

We love Little Einsteins at our house, so I know that song very well....

You are a brave momma! Last summer I spent two weeks away from Iris in Russia on a missions trip, and it nearly killed me. I won't be doing that again anytime soon! I'll be thinking of you this week and thinking of your equally brave sister! I peeked at the surprise and it is awesome!!

Hope said...

Meghan-I can't believe you were gone for two weeks! Thanks for thanking of me, I will need some extra prayers this week to make it through. Miss A called me this morning to tell me about the surprise when she saw it and she was ecstatic! It was great!