Saturday, July 5, 2008

Home With Books

So, that little 10 hour van trip? Turns out, it takes 12 hours to drive to Dallas. And don't get me started about parking garages and 15-passenger vans. Let's just say they don't go together. Especially at 1 in the morning after 12 hours of driving.

We had great conversation and got to know each other well. Seriously, we (three women) talked for 12 hours straight, and it was quite fun. You can learn a lot in 12 hours, and it was all good to learn. I couldn't have picked two better women to spend 24 hours in a van with for the trip. That's what we call ministry folks.

The conference was, well, um, let's see, how should I say this, uh, interesting. Clear as mud huh? We were busy from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., then ate dinner at midnight, got to bed by 2, and got up to do it all over again for an entire week. I'm exhausted. The job was actually really fun and it was great to see the team (13 of us) work together and have a blast doing it. They laughed so much and had such a great time. It is fun to see people enjoying ministry and encouraging each other. The actual conference itself, well, I'll maybe mention more later. Not sure.

The girls were very well taken care of and had a blast at Aunt Heather's house. Thanks so much Heather and Uncle Johnnie :) One week was way too long for me to be away, but you made the girls have so much fun that they hardly even noticed we were gone. Thanks again, and you really can send the boys our way some time! (Though, they'll spend much more time in the church nursery than the waterpark-in-a-box!)

Okay, I just wanted to tell you we made it back safe. The bloggy break was actually kind of nice, even though I was bummed to not have WiFi and be able to blog.

Just in case you have been dying to find out. Here's the books my sister sent to me.

1. Split Ends by Kristin Billerbeck
2. A Delirious Summer by Ray Blackston
3. SandPebbles by Patricia Hickman
4. Come Back, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
5. Walt Disney's Peter Pan

Something tells me that those last two weren't packed for me to read? Though I do love me some Amelia Bedelia! So, anybody read these? What'd ya think?

Alrighty, off to bed. Gotta try to make up some sleep (that never really works does it?) It's bound to be a bloggy week this week!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I thought maybe you could start with Amelia Bedelia and work your way up. you know, start with something simple. Actually, Amelia is from mom to the girls -warning, it's so long it takes forever to get through. Peter Pan was such a hit with the girls that they wanted to "borrow" it, so since it was in the $1 bin at Target, I decided to just grab another one and send that one home with them. enjoy!
H