Sunday, July 13, 2008

Priorities

These are the priorities I put in my planner courtesy of Linda Dillow. I so wish her planner was still in print.

I print out the list and the scripture and leave room in between each to fill it in every week. I pick pretty simple and cheap things. The point is just to make sure that I am focusing on them in order. If I get nothing else done, it is Bible Study. Then, something for husband. Then, making the kids feel special. Then, taking care of the home. You get the idea. I can get so consumed with the home and children sometimes that I neglect the husband and myself. See, it is not written-in-stone. It doesn't have to be done this way. It is just to help me consciously try to keep an eye on my priorities and have a plan to keep them in check each week. I've listed some examples from this week so you can see what kinds of things I try to do to keep my priorities in check.

This is going to sound helplessly unromantic, but the one I have the hardest time doing is the husband one! A man can only enjoy little love notes, emails, and candy bars so many times before he needs something new. I can't seem to think of anything else for the guy that doesn't fall in the category of surprising him with a new expensive technological gadget every week. I think I'm just gonna have to ask him for some ideas. See, unromantic, if that were me, as a woman, I would expect him to get me exactly what I want without me having to tell him. :)

1. LORD
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." Matt. 6:33

-Stepping Up Study
-Prayer Calendar
-Daily Worship Time/Personal Bible Study

2. HUSBAND
"An excellent wife is the crown of her husband." Prov. 12:4

-? (I used to do lunch letters in his lunch, but now he comes home for lunch.)

3. CHILDREN
"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD." Psalm 127:3

-Go get sno-cones at park
-Library

4. HOME
"She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness." Prov. 31:27

-Armoire painted
-OAMC plan

5. YOURSELF
"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matt. 19:19

-Daily exercise
-Daily quiet time
-haircut?

6. OUTSIDE THE HOME
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations." Matt. 28:19

-Stepping Up
-Send email to the "name" family.

No comments: