Sunday, August 3, 2008

August Challenge Update-Week 1

Actually it's only been 3 days, but I said I would update on Sundays, so here it is.

We have not eaten out! (I was tempted today though! I really wanted to "grab" something on the way home from church because it is always so late! But we came home and had leftovers!)

I spent @ $74.00 at Wal-Mart on groceries on Friday. (I'm too lazy to go get the receipt right now.) I didn't use any coupons. I just started clipping them again, so I didn't really have any to use yet. We had some meat in the freezer, so I based my meal plan on that this week. I'll have to head out for more fruit at some point and maybe milk, maybe not? Otherwise, we'll have enough food to make it until next Sunday. So, I do not plan on grocery shopping this week.

I made out my CVS plan for free or cheap toiletries and then never got the chance to go. I'll be working on going this week. I bought three newspapers this morning to get LOTS of coupons. (I need to find someone who doesn't use their coupons so I can get them free!) Hopefully, I'll be able to get some really good deals and build up somewhat of a stockpile for toiletries in the next few weeks. We don't really have anything stockpiled, so this could be interesting! I'll update again next Sunday, maybe sooner if I get any really good deals!

1 comment:

Emily said...

It sounds like you did great!! Way to go on not eating out. We caved and drove through Burger King. REALLY healthy stuff, right there!