Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Best Part of Baking Apple Pie

Why is it that I give them an apple to eat and they ask me to peel it. Then, we peel a ton of apples for apple pie and they ask if they can eat the peels?

By the way, the pies were fabulous, but I forgot to take a finished picture! We used this recipe. I mean, if someone can bake an apple pie, wouldn't it be Paula? They looked beautiful and were delish! Um, we cheated and used refrigerated roll out pie crusts! Please don't tell Paula. :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I have never made an apple pie in my life, but it sounds like fun - and delicious!
I don't blame you for using pre-made pie crusts - I'd do the same!

MamaHenClucks said...

Cute picture! We cheat and use premade crusts too. I love apple pie - I may have to try this recipe!

Meghan said...

Oh! You're such a good mama! I always have such good intentions regarding baking, and somehow they always fall through...I'm not sure why...maybe because I don't really like to cook?? Could that be a reason?:)

The girls look very helpful and sweet - I love the matching t-shirts. Maybe the peels look more appetizing in a pile in a bowl than on the actual apple...