Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Tag!

I LOVE Christmas! I got tagged twice for this one (by Heather and MaryLou) and I would do it twice I like Christmas so much, but I'll just answer it once so as not to bore everyone.

The rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the questions below
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.
Have FUN!!

1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Um, Hot Chocolate, although I can't really say I've ever tried egg nog. The idea of egg nog just grosses me out.

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
No Santa here, but definitely wrapped by me. I LOVE wrapping presents! I'm always offering to help wrap other people's presents because I love it.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
None on the house, but if I were to actually have money and energy to decorate the outside of the house, they would be white. My attention-to-detail-personality has difficulty with the randomness of colored lights. :) Obviously, the tree lights are white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I don't believe in PDA. :)

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Our tradition is to put them up the day after Thanksgiving and then watch "It's A Wonderful Life." This year, we are still out of town, so the tree won't be up until Dec. 1.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
One dish? I can't pick one dish, it's about the meal as a whole. The husband doesn't like turkey and ham, so that's pretty much the only time I get it. I will second Heather's answer of Mom's homemade potato rolls. I loved waking up to the smell of those rolls cooking and sneaking one as soon as they came out of the oven!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
Ditto Heather's response, "Oh, I can’t pick just one.. cutting down the tree each year, building the nativity stable with dad and adding the life - size figures - Christmas Eve pajamas and reading the nativity story. The year mom and dad pulled off the biggest surprise ever - a trip to Disney World! We left the next day." Holidays were pretty good in our house!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don’t remember. However, Heather, I didn't know that you got to help fill stockings! How did I miss that?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We've carried on the Christmas Eve pajama gifts also. Mom made the girls Star Wars pajama pants this year. (Yes, I said made the GIRLS Star Wars pajama pants. They love Star Wars.)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
White lights (I hate that part, one day we'll buy a pre-lit); red and gold ribbon; red, white, and gold ornaments, red tree skirt. I try to hide the "homemade" and Star Wars ornaments on the back of the tree, but somehow they always sneak to the front. Hmmm.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it as long as I don't have to drive anywhere!

12. Can you ice skate?
Never tried. Pathetic huh?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The Disney World Trip! Hands down! Mom wrapped a "Good for One Trip to DisneyWorld" coupon in a jewelry box and we opened it and they told us we would be leaving the next day! I hope to surprise my children with a fun gift like that someday.

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Celebrating Jesus' birth and spending time with family. Creating great Christ-centered traditions and fun for my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pumpkin Pie with whipped topping and a good cup of coffee!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
The Advent Calendar, driving through the Christmas light displays, setting up the nativity scene in the front yard, watching Christmas movies throughout the season. I obviously can't pick a favorite. I love everything about Christmas!

17. What tops your tree?
A gold star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
They are both fun, but Giving is the best! It's so fun to shop for other people!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"Go Tell It On the Mountain" Though, I'm a self-proclaimed Christmas music junkie. I'll be putting up a post about this later this week!

20. Candy​ Canes​!​ Yuck or Yum?
Yuck.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
A new necklace for my Jael pendant, a stand mixer, Rachael Ray pots and pans, a new electric knife, a camera case, stuff to decorate my house, a Wii for the family, books. My list is kind of long this year because I'm missing MOST kitchen utensils after moving!

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party?
We haven't in the past, but will be with the Media Team this year. The girls and I are going to start a new "Christmas Tea" tradition with all our girl friends.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
It used to be pajamas for most of the morning and then change into casual clothes the rest of the day. Now, I tend to shower and get dressed as soon as I get up. Just depends on where we are and what we're doing.

24. Do you own a santa hat?
Nope. Don't promote the man here.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Changes from year-to-year. Sometimes we go to the in-laws, sometimes my family, sometimes we stay at home. I usually try to invite Mom and Dad to at least join us so they don't have to spend the morning by themselves, and so that Mom can make her traditional ginormous Christmas brunch! :)

This was fun! I got kind of teary-eyed remembering some of the things! I'm looking forward to hearing your answers! I'm tagging.

1. Kim
2. Meghan
3. Sarah
4. MamaHenClucks
5. Carrie
6. Tyler
7. Aimee

4 comments:

Meghan said...

This was fun to read! I also love wrapping presents, and the color scheme for our tree is very similar to yours...very interesting! I love the Christmas season too!

BTW - thanks for the tag!

Heather said...

First of all, did I not know of your PDA stand?! Now that I think about it.. hmm.

Secondly, I did play Santa, and I remember dad holding my hand and helping me pick up the stuff and put in the stocking - I'm sure it was hilarious as I was still asleep. It was the only year I did it that I can remember - it was the year we got the pencils with our names on them - that's what I remember putting in the stockings.

Sarah said...

This was fun!! Thanks for tagging me. I posted mine today.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kim @ My Journey said...

Thanks for the tag ~ my first ever!!! This is fun...