Sunday, January 4, 2009

All Things New...

As I was putting away my 2008 planner, I noticed my 2008 goals and read through them again. I didn't accomplish ANY of them. The really sad part is that the page was labeled 2006 goals, which was marked out and had 2007 written over it, which was marked out and had 2008 written over it. So basically, I said, "Oh my stinking heck, that is JUST r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s." Time for some NEW GOALS (and some followup)!

2009 GOALS

1. 5:16 AM Club: Make it a discipline to get up and spend time with God every morning before everyone else wakes.

2. Debt-Free: Stick to frugal menu and shopping. Work on videos from home and find ways to increase income.

3. Get Healthier: Exercise every day. More activity with girls. Less junk food. Less soda. More water.

4. Memorize Scripture and Read Through Bible: One or two books per week starting in Matthew. Memorize two scriptures per month.

If I accomplish those four goals this year, it will be a successful year of spiritual growth and discipline in all areas of life! Just for fun, here are a few more things I'd like to do this year...

Monthly dates and family game nights.

Put pictures and videos on blog once a month.

Read 12 books just for fun.

Teach the girls to swim or sign them up for swim lessons.

Take the girls camping or to DisneyWorld or BOTH :)

Accomplish a few home improvement projects-budget permitting!

7 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm right with you on the goals thing. I always have such good intentions, and then the year just gets away from me!

I think everything you have planned for 2009 sounds reasonable and totally doable! You can do it!

Sarah said...

I always seem to be one of "those" people who says, "My goal this year is to lose weight." Don't get me wrong. I want to lose 3-4 more pounds, but for the first time I was my goal to be to "Get healthy and more toned". This is just some of them.

I love reading others goals, and yours sound very reachable! I wish you the best of luck in accomplishing them.

MamaHenClucks said...

I love your goals and am right there with you, although there are no current plans to go to Disneyland!(or world!!).

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

I find, when I shift my goals to be His goals, they are far more attainable (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me).

If you're looking for some reading just for fun, let me tell you about my two favourite Christian fiction authors:
Francine Rivers - she's done a bunch of books based on Bible characters ("Lineage of Grace" is an anthology of 5 stories based on women of the Bible). Her stuff is gripping and totally makes me want to check it out in the Word. She also has some POWERFUL fiction stories, including my fave book of all time "The Atonement Child."
Karen Kingsbury - amazing fiction love/drama/family life stories, always filled with tear-jerking moments of forgiveness and reconciliation. I have read ever book in the series on the Baker family, and feel like I know them personally. Her books are also quite an easy read, if you're looking for something you can bang out quickly.
Hey - email me your address, I'll send you a book to get started with! Just because I luv ya. :)

Heather said...

goal #5: Leave oh-so-funny comments weekly on my sister's blog. :)

Great goals for the new year, you forgot to write down have family pics done. ;)

tyeparks said...

You need to set a goal to not reach at least one of these goals, that way no matter what happens you will accomplish at least one goal. :)

Kim said...

This has inspired me to sit down and think about realistically what I want from 2009.... in addition to scripture memorization and daily early morning quiet times. Love the idea of reading 12 books this year! We should share with each other what we plan to read! Have a great end of your weekend Friend!