Thursday, January 29, 2009

Any Prayer Warriors Out There?

I read a message on Facebook this morning from a family that we used to go to church with and that have a special place in our hearts. This family has been through so much in the past and are facing a very difficult time right now. Could I ask you to please lift this family up in prayer with me? I've taken out their names to keep their privacy, but the husband's name is Kurt and the wife's name is Kate. Here's the message...

Most of you know my family's struggles. Challenges with how to best parent J with ADHD, my sorrows and joys of mothering my sweet L, and Kurt's cancer. Well- we found out today that Kurt's cancer has returned. Kurt was already fighting metastasized stage 4 prostate cancer under treatment for almost 2 years now. Now that treatment isn't working. While we haven't talked with his doctor yet, we know that the medical prognosis is poor. At very least this means more chemo, more hormone supression treatment when just yesterday should have been the end of his treatment. We also know that Kurt's form of cancer has a point where doctors stop treatment and place patients on hospice. Kurt is not that far from that point.

My friends- I am scared. Scared of not coping with all this, scared of losing Kurt, scared of being a widow with 2 young children by age 41....

But before I bring you all down...I am not without hope. God is greater than anything that scares me. My faith is real, strong and always with me. It can just be so hard living here on this earth, you know?

Will someone please life Kurt up in prayer on Sunday? And any others at other churches too....
I love you all for your support and care. And I guess I need it now more than ever.
Blessings
Kate

2 comments:

MamaHenClucks said...

I can't even imagine. I'll be lifting them in prayer with you...

Meghan said...

Oh, we'll be praying too!