Monday, January 26, 2009

Question #12 and Memory Monday and Motivate Me Monday


I haven't done Motivate Me Monday for a few weeks because I've been working on these questions, but then it occurred to me that the questions themselves could be a Motivate Me Monday post. So, for those of you in the 5:16 Club and any of you readers who were wondering what the 31 Questions were all about, here goes again.

In addition to some goals for 2009, I found this article with 31 Questions to ask for The New Year, and so I'm working through them here on the blog. It has been a wonderful way to start this year off intentionally. And doing the questions one a day for a month (or more!) is really helping to give me time to pray about them and determine what God desires of me this year. Feel free to go back and read the rest of the questions or just pick up today with question #12.

What area of your life most needs simplifying,
and what's one way you could simplify in that area?

Cooking and grocery shopping. I had been spending way too much time trying to clip coupons and menu plan, and it wasn't working for me! I think I've decided to go back to a once-a-month cooking plan, stop clipping coupons, and only go to the store twice a month. I'm not one of those people who enjoys time in the kitchen, so it is far too tempting for me to just "grab" something for our family instead of cooking. Somehow already having meals in the freezer or at least having some of the prep work done helps me tremendously!

And now for a little...



Here's my verse from memory this week:


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.

Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves become burdened again
by a yoke of slavery."

Galations 5:1

I'm only doing two verses a month, so no new one for me next week, but I'll repeat the two I've done so far. For more Memory Monday, visit The Simple Wife.

Also, for more Motivate Me Monday, head on over to Like a Warm Cup of Coffee and see how the other 5:16 Gals are motivating you this Monday Morning!

5 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

What a great idea for MMM! I love it!

The same thing happened to me with grocery shopping and coupon cutting - it just wasn't working and it wasn't sucking up so much time!

MamaHenClucks said...

I should probably try cooking in bulk. When I was pregnant with both babies, I stockpiled the fridge - like seriously filled it with casseroles and soups and whatever I could so I wouldn't have to cook for a month. It was fantastic!

Meghan said...

I totally hear you on the grocery shopping and coupon clipping, although I haven't given up hope yet. You'll have to give updates on how the once a month cooking is going - I'm curious to see how that works for you and your grocery budget.

Kyla said...

Love your post!

I have difficulty on the menu planning thing, myself. I'm always cutting out the coupons, and then either leave them in the car, or forget about them until after they expire . . . lol.

Have a super week and thanks for the motivation!

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

I think the area that I most need to simplify is my home office. It is a random pile of clutter, and each time I sit to do a task it takes twice as long as it should. If I organize, the work I do from home could be much more streamlined.