Thursday, January 15, 2009

Question #4

In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year,
and what will you do about it?


1. I definitely want to grow in my knowledge and memorization of scripture. (I would LOVE to go to seminary, but I'm just going to have to study on my own for now! So, more Beth Moore and Kay Arthur studies, daily Bible reading and studying on my own, using Commentaries and reading from other trusted theologians. Also, committing to memorizing two scriptures a month. I almost have #1 down!)

2. I also want to work on a deeper prayer life and listening to God each morning, without falling asleep! :) I've been getting up early and exercising to awaken my body and mind before sitting down for my prayer time. I'm doing a prayer notebook so that I have people and things written down to remember to pray for. I'm praying scripture more and I'm writing in my Bible more (prayers and answered prayers related to scripture.)

Your turn! What way do you want to grow spiritually this year?

4 comments:

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

Total ditto to your #1. And in the fall, I think I am actually going to start with my first course from seminary.

Meghan said...

I ditto #2...I'm laughing about the falling asleep part because this happens to me all the time! I'm thinking I probably need to restructure my routine a bit.:)

Hope said...

Tyler-That is so exciting! Are you going to go to a local seminary or are you doing an on-line program?

Meghan-I used to tell myself it was okay because I was in the "mommy of young kids" phase, but then I realized that this phase could go on for like 10 years and do I really want 10 years to go by without listening to God? That was a scary thought to me! A little restructure for me involves getting up at 5 every day, which I'm not thrilled about, but it feels great!

Sarah said...

I would love to figure out a better "orayer" time - I too fall asleep sometimes.

I also want to learn to rely first and foremost on Him and turn to him first instead of second or third. I need to totally and completely submit!