Monday, February 2, 2009

Question #18 and Memory Monday

What's one new way you could be a blessing to your pastor
(or to another who ministers to you) this year?

Consistently praying for all the staff and their spouses at our church. Stepping up to help in the area I feel God asking me to help with.





Time for a new verse...

I feel God asking me to step up and do some things at church, so I need to memorize this scripture to help me throughout this year! I typically memorize the NIV or NLT, but the wording of The Message really spoke to me this morning, so I'll be doing it out of The Message. It's longer and more "wordy" than I'm used to, so it just might take me the whole two weeks to get it right, but I will!

"Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he's called you to be, pray that he'll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely." 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 (MSG)

Here's last week's from memory...

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves become burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

For more Memory Monday, head over to The Simple Wife and see what other's have memorized!

5 comments:

Joanne (The Simple Wife) said...

Don't you just love The Message? What great verses to pray over the leaders at church.

Joanne

P.S. And just have to say that the name of your blog always makes me smile. :)

MomE said...

Great job! Happy Memory Monday!

ET @ Titus2:3-5 said...

That's a long passage! I think I'd take the whole month...

I would like to be less shy about offering words of encouragement and prayer for our pastors.

Lora said...

Merry Memory Monday to you! My accountability partner prayed Galatians 5:1 today - Truth!

Dianna B said...

Well, I recently sent an encouraging email to one of our staff. I did this a couple of times last year too. In this day & age of instant email, I wish I would just do it more often & right away when I think about, especially when God speaks to my heart & says just do it...do it now. :-)